People of the Passion Sermon Series
A sermon series, beginning March 3 and conclud-ing with Easter Sunday on April 21, will focus on “People of the Passion.”
Each week’s sermon in all services including Maranatha will be built around a character from Christ’s passion narrative and a word that describes that character. “By studying the successes and failures of those closest to Christ,” explains interim pastor Don Fitzkee, “we can learn more about how Christ responds to us when we are at our best and at our worst.”
TOPICS, SPEAKERS, LOCATIONS, AND DATES ARE:
• Judas, Betraying: Pastor Don, 3/3 Traditional Services (Trad.) & 3/17 Morning Psalm (MP).
• Two Thieves, Reviling & Repenting: Pastor Don, 3/10 MP & Matt Kramer, 3/17 Trad.
• Peter, Denying: Pastor Don, 3/24 Trad. & 4/7 MP.
• Jesus, Forgiving: Pastor Bob, 3/24 MP & 4/7 Trad.
• Seeking First the Kingdom Weekend: Tara Hornbacker, 3/31, Combined Service in the Family Life Center (FLC) as part of Seeking First the Kingdom event.
• People, Praising/Jesus, Weeping: Pastor Don, 4/14, Combined Palm Sunday Service in Sanctuary.
• Women at the Tomb, Witnessing & Proclaim-ing: 4/21 (Easter) Pastor Bob, Trad. & Pastor Don, MP.
Communion will be served in all English services on the first Sunday of Lent on March 10. Pastor Bob will lead the congregation in a full love feast with meal, feetwashing, and communion immediately following worship on Palm Sunday, April 14 in the FLC. The two combined services will feature a blend of worship styles.