Morning Psalm Director of Music
The Morning Psalm Director of Music will help develop and lead the contemporary worship music ministry for our church, in conjunction with the pastors, worship leaders, musicians and singers, in a manner that is consistent with our church vision.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Schedule musicians and singers for the weekly services.
- Plan and organize weekly rehearsals.
- Recruit, supervise and coach the Morning Psalm Team.
- Determine the best version of songs to be used, i.e. keys, tempo, etc. This would also include assisting in the orchestration of the band (which instrument plays lead/rhythm; who comes in when; who plays intro, etc).
- Assist in the selection of new music and upload sheet music and media to Planning Center Online.
- Assist non-musical worship leaders with musical selections.
- Encourage and develop the team to better utilize their talents.
- Involve the youth and other church members musically.
- 10–15 hours/week which includes Wednesday evening and Sunday morning practices and services, team meetings, planning/brainstorming meetings, and preparation time off site.
- Experience in a contemporary setting preferred.
- Strong music reading skills, singing, and instrumental. Emphasis on keyboards and/or guitar helpful.
- Dependable, organized, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Ability to motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with both staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Familiarity with a wide range of styles, but with a focus on contemporary music.
If you’re interested, please send your resume with a cover letter that includes a statement of faith to email@example.com.