Who we are
Lancaster Church of the Brethren is a working, worshiping, learning Christian community, open and accepting without discrimination or force in matters of belief and practice. We invite you to get to know us and discover how God is being exalted in the midst of our church through worship, special groups, classes, music and fellowship.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be and make disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world. Our mission is to be the heart, hands, feet, voice and mind of Christ locally and globally.
- Extraordinary Hospitality
- Inspiring Worship
- Dynamic Faith Development
- Compassionate Mission and Service
- Extravagant Generosity
Our Beliefs and Tradition
The Lancaster Church of the Brethren is a church where…
- Worship and music are uplifting and joyful expressions of our faith.
- The Word of God is preached with clarity and personal application to challenge and to comfort.
- Encouragement is given to help meet the problems you and your family face each day.
- Relationships can be formed, strengthened and healed in an atmosphere of love and acceptance.
- Service and evangelism to our community are simply evidences of our love for God.
- Were organized in 1708 in Schwarzenau, Germany
- Affirm and teach the basic Christian beliefs of the Protestant denominations
- Observe the Christian ordinances of Believer’s baptism, Communion and love feast, laying on of hands, and anointing in times of physical illness and/or emotional distress
- Accept the New Testament as our rule of faith and practice
- Follow the person of Jesus as our model for living
- Apply the teachings of Jesus as a guide for moral values
- Seek the mind of Christ for social service and justice for all people
- Receive the Spirit of God for our guidance and power
- Witness to: a simple lifestyle, service to neighbor, integrity of speech, the teaching that all people are created in the image of God and responsible stewardship of life and resources
- Are an historic peace church, teaching that all people should strive to live in harmony.
- Honor individual convictions with no force in matters of belief and practice
To learn more about the Church of the Brethren denomination visit brethren.org.
Our Safe Church Policy
It is the intent of the Lancaster Church of the Brethren to provide a safe and accepting environment for all who wish to gather to worship God and to respect the dignity, uniqueness, and worth of every individual. Recognizing God’s tender love and concern for children (see Luke 18:16), we want to do all that we can to protect our children from any kind of abuse.